What SUs are these?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: What SUs are these?
From: KEschhofen@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 22:36:19 EST
I received a pair of SU's with a TR250 I acquired. The carb bodies have the
following casting numbers: AUC1346 and the other AUC8490. Carbs appear to the
same and complementary (floats on the outside). The AUC1346 has a vaccum
hookup on the top of the body. Teh other is mssing this vaccum hookup. The
float tags are stamped with AUD209 (of course F&R).

When mounted on the intake the floats appear to be at an angle tilted toward
the engine. Will I have to compensate for this?

I was wondering whether to use these or go back to Strombergs? I understand
the HS6 is the preferred Carb. What performance can be expected out of these.

To use these carb I will have to resolve the thottle linkage to the 250 setup.

Thanks
Kevin Eschhofen