headers, Falcon stainless steel two piece design, gasket; FYI

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: headers, Falcon stainless steel two piece design, gasket; FYI
From: "Alan" <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 08:15:45 -0500
Well, this is at least the 4th or 5th revisit.
I think I finally , got it this time.  I had to replace the 1 1/2" socket
screw, with a 1 1/4" on the bloodly third tube. It now has complete
clearence; I shaved off a bit of the bananna clamp so it would make better
contact with the header, I used the heavier header gasket, and used thinner
nuts on the 1st and last studs.
Started up the car and finally no exhaust leaks noticed.  I will fully test
it out on the way to work today.
One benefit, if it paid money, is I've gotten a lot faster slapping this
thing together. lol
Al Salvatore
76tr6