TR250 questions -- radio antenna access & transmission tunnel

To: 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR250 questions -- radio antenna access & transmission tunnel
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 23:31:15 -0500
List,

How do I get access to the radio antenna? I see where the antenna lead
comes in under the dash -- looks like a crude hole was drilled through.
The antenna appears to be in the same cavity that holds the wheel boxes,
but I don't see an access panel. Neither Haynes nor Bentley says
anything about it. Maybe I need to take out some of the under dash stuff
to see it?

The transmission tunnel seems to be glued in place? All the bolts are
out but it's still tight. Gave up and came in from the cold. Can I
expect the remove the fiberboard tunnel intact, or should I plan on
buying a replacement?

Has anyone replaced the padding on the aluminum fascia support panel --
the radio console and gear shift handle console? Looks to be glued on
with contact cement -- can't imagine getting one on correctly with
contact cement. Would need about 10 hands. Seems I remember from years
back that TRF installed the padding on the aluminum frame.

Thanks,

Don Malling