Re: manifold gaskets

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: manifold gaskets
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 17:00:13 -0800 (PST)
Sounds like you may have the wrong gasket, they don't require trimming.
 There are two styles of manifold gaskets, one for early cars, one for
late.  The early cars have different spacing on the intake ports than
the late cars.  Exhaust port spacing doesn't change from early to late.
 Whichever part number you ordered, return it and get the other part
number.

The heavy-duty gasket is a fiber one, no metal strip in it.  That's the
one I always use on my car.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6