NJ registration

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: NJ registration
From: BMD2@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 20:57:56 EST
Does anyone know the right story with regard to registering a
74 TR6 in NJ? I called (tried to call) the NJ DMV to find out about
Historic personalized plates and got three different stories.
The one that I liked the least was that the wait for personalized
historic plates is 12 weeks!  I'm looking at a 74 in a few weeks
and If I bring it home and don't first register it then re-register it
Historic with personalized plates, I'll have to wait until MAY to
drive it! Maybe I'm missing something, suggestions, and
comments, anything that could help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom Russo
Hopefully soon to be "74" owner