RE: TR6 performance

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 performance
From: "Jim Swarthout" <jswarth1@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 22:01:39 -0500
Joe,

As a mechanic, tool & die maker, and an Engineer, I can assure you that
no amount of classroom education will prepare you for the automobile.
It's all hands-on. An engine is a culmination of parts, all moving
according to the momentary volatility of a given fuel. It will continue
to stump the best math!!!

I have available the latest computer programs available for design and
simulation...Pro-E with Mechanica...SolidWorks...Cosmos...Algor...and on
and on. Software provides an excellent means of feedback...kinda like a
3-D typo checker. But the FEA results are only close...Field testing
will always remain!

I had my own shop while I was going to school...while at Wake Tech in
Raleigh I used Lab time to make TR parts...At NCSU...I continued
designing & making TR parts.

Vance is for the most part right on par with his answers...and I thank
him for answering my post!

He knows his stuff!!

Jim Swarthout