Re: The Roadster Factory is down

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Roadster Factory is down
From: Jim Hurley <hurls@world.std.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:00:02 -0500
Actually, I have to apologize to Mr. Lucas.

A bit of history - my car is a 75, so its 27 years old. It did go through a
professional, expert, frame off (actually  frame replace) restore in the
83-84 time frame. Still, at best it can be considered 20 years old. It has
been garaged through most of that time.

I've had no major electrical problems. This summer I had a front turn
signal that worked strangely, but that turned out to be a cracked mounting
bracket (escutcheon???) that made the ground connection for the front
running/turn signal light very intermittent. Last month, my alternator gave
up the ghost, but probably just due to corrosion at its connector. All in
all, my TR6 electrical system works pretty well.

And I apologize to Mr. Lucas for any snide comments that I've made in the
past.

(Boy, am I tempting fate, and just days before Halloween!)

Ciao,

Jim Hurley                      "Life is too short for a backfire!"
'75 TR6
'83 F350 4 Door