Another potential benefit of a 5-speed conversion for TRs

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Another potential benefit of a 5-speed conversion for TRs
From: Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 18:25:13 -0600
I spoke with Herman van den Akker today.  He has a 5-speed conversion kit
for TR2-6 models.  I HTMLized his Word-based brochure which you can find
here:

    http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/5-speed-flyer.html

The purpose of the phone call was to discuss his hydraulic throwout bearing
addon.  It replaces everything in the current hydro-mechanical system except
for the clutch master cylinder.  Sounds like it might cure the perpetual
clutch problems people have with their TR's.  As currently designed it
probably requires the use of his 5-speed kit, but those of you looking for a
more permanent solution to clutch problems but who want to retain your
current might ask Herman how difficult it would be for him to adapt that to
the TR tranny.

No financial interest except for the fact that I just added one to my list
of stuff to buy, and will thus be a bit poorer when the journey is
complete. ;-)

--
Skip Montanaro - skip@pobox.com
http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/tr250.html