Re: headers-mad ranting

To: "Peter Macholdt" <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: headers-mad ranting
From: "Alan" <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 02:07:14 -0400
5 more hours into this job; (good thing I work cheap) (i had to disassemble
everything again)
The headers are finally bolted down. To placate the two offending studs, I
filed down the two footballs and the nuts for the needed clearence.
If I every have to take the headers off that will be another story.
After I finished the job, I read your note about the allen screws, Peter.
Thats a good idea; it makes a lot of sense, but since I had the header
welded to the intermediate pipes i  wouldn't be able to back the studs out.
Can't get the headers off the studs now without disconnecting  the two
intermediate pipes; joy.
The sport exhaust came from rimmer, so i believe this is the same header.
Well, back on shedule for the SE VTR.
(Ashford, I did hurry)
cheers
al salvatore