Reminder: New England Region Solo II Action

To: net@lists.mv.net
Subject: Reminder: New England Region Solo II Action
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 13:46:48 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

If you're not from New England Region, you can probably just delete this
message now...

New England Region, SCCA has a Solo II series each year that culminates
with a fun event called the "team challenge/ Stirling Moss Runoff". The
team challenge consists of teams of four drivers competing within thier
classes and the combined scores for those teams being used to define the
overall winning team. There's an element of fun added with trophies for
best team name, best team theme, best team outfit, best team concept, etc.

In the past couple of years, we've been fairly successful getting two or
so teams of Triumphs out there competing, and on one occasion won a "best
team theme" with the "Group 44" team.

At any rate, if you have a Triumph and you'd like to autocross on a team
with us, please show up at the event this coming Sunday (13-Oct-2002) at
Moore Airfield, Ft. Devens in Ayer, MA. Directions can be found at:

http://www.ner.org/soloII/solowhere/devens.html

It would be awesome to get a bunch of Triumphs out there again this year.

An added bonus to this event is the Stirling Moss Runoff. Basically, the
class champions make three runs at the end of the day and are rewarded
based on how consisntantly they make all three runs compared to a "bogey
time" from thier best run during the team challenge. It all sounds
confusing, but it's pretty kool because you get to watch some pretty good
drivers in action. In fact, there are several past national champions
competing for the Moss.

Of interest to members of the Triumphs lists, there are _three_ Triumph
class champions this year, Matt Wilder EP TR4; Bob Totten DM Spitfire
LeMans Repica and Bob Lang FP TR6.

So, if you're not heading off to some other venue this weekend and you
have some time to spare (ALL DAY IF YOU ARE GOING TO COMPETE!!!), please
stop by and say "hi". Please note that I might be a bit "focused" during
the runoff, but I'm otherwise pretty friedly if not too "chatty".

:-)

I'm in the Silver TR6, number 40. The Triumphs usually park together.

regards,
rml
p.s. if you are thinking about driving and have further questions, please
drop me a line... I'd love to help get you out there playing. But we'd
like just as much to just see some Triumphs come out for a drive!
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |