Brake Caliper Re-build & Pipes

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake Caliper Re-build & Pipes
From: "Wayne Ross" <rengrave@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 15:12:25 -0400
I am infected with a good dose of shipwrights.
While my engine block, head, crank is at the machine shop, I am re-building
top cover on gearbox, and re-building my brake front calipers. I am replacing
all four brake hoses, the steel pipes look good (no rust on the outside) how
can I tell if they are good inside? I am probably going to spend money on
stainless steel caliper pistons (TRF) and re-build seal kits.
Is there a way to tell the condition of brake lines internally or overall? I
hate to spend the time a and money on new lines if not needed?
What kind of greese is used on the pistons during assembly?
Has anybody used the stainless steel pistons from TRF?

Wayne Ross (TR6 on my mind 24/7)
Westport, MA
1973 TR6