RE: Swapping exhaust manifolds early and late

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Swapping exhaust manifolds early and late
From: "Dick M" <rjm527@cablespeed.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 11:33:57 -0400
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 13:03:23 -0400
From: "James Henningsen" <jdhenn@cfl.rr.com>
Subject: Swapping exhaust manifolds early and late

Hello listers, I have a 69 TR6 engine (CC 904 E) that I am putting in my 75
TR6. I have the 69 intake manifold and new manifold gasket for the early
head.  I was hoping that my late model exhaust manifold would bolt up to the
early TR6 head.  I know the intake ports are different on the early and late
model heads but wasn't sure of the exhaust ports. After dry fitting the
components and checking the lineup of the gasket and ports it looks like the
exhaust manifold bolts directly on and fits perfectly.  Anyone else have
experience with this or can verify?
Many thanks! Hope to see a bunch of you all at the SEVTR at Jeykll Island
later this month. I'm bringing the 75 Yellow TR6 with the hardtop (that's
for extra stability/performance on the autocross circuit :) )
Jim Henningsen
Kissimmee, FL
75 TR6
80 TR8

Jim

I did essentially the same thing in using  a 70 engine in my 73 TR6 with the
exhaust manifold from the 73 engine.  It matched up fine without any
problems.

Dick Martin

73 TR6 BRG
TRiumphs Around the Chesapeake, Ltd-TRAC
www.tracltd.org