Re: - Manifolds/jet hot

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: - Manifolds/jet hot
From: "Valerie Stabenow" <hlub34a@aeroinc.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 20:50:39 -0500
I originally researched and put Jet Hot in the satin black on my XK-E
manifolds in 1990-91. One of the manifolds had been cracked and repaired and
was still leaking, so I bought a replacement, took the other one off and
sent them in. After 10+ years, it's still the same nice satin black. I can
send photo for anyone wanting a cheesecake shot of my engine bay.

Husband decided to put the gunmetal grey on his 67 corvette manifolds. The
first coating did not hold up....little specks of rust appeared. Although it
was up to us to get the manifolds off to send them back in, Jet HOt recoated
them and sent them back at their cost. The second recoat has been fine.

I like the Jet hot, because it coats inside and outside the manifold and
does help keep the heat down. I never had an overheating problem before, but
even on really hot days in NW Illinois, the temp needle barely goes past N-O
(of NORMAL).

FWIW, if anyone has any specific questions, please email me directly or put
JET HOT Question in the subject line.

Valerie

> I had my original 130K exhaust manifold Jet-Hot coated in 1991...still
> looks perfect.  I think it's well worth the effort and expense as a large
> lump of rusty iron really ruins the looks of the engine bay, no matter how
> nice the rest of the car looks.  IMHO.
>
> William

Gloss