Hub failure and lowering the front

To: 6pack <6pack-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hub failure and lowering the front
From: Chuck Arnold <Chuck.Arnold@oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 19:02:17 -0700
Two topics/questions:

1.  I got the stiff springs, have removed the bump stop, have one
rebuilt rear hub, but not the other.  Have put on the sticky Kuhmo's
[but not run it yet] -- now I'm worried about hub failure.  Am planning
to put in the Nissan 300Z diff next winter.  Does anyone have practical
experience with installing the rest of the Nissan [240/260/280/300??]
rear -- meaning the axels as well as the diff?  Bob Lang, I know you
have the corvairs, Mike Munson, what do you run?  IF I decide to do
Corvairs, where can I get info on what parts to source [and will I still
be able to use my brand new 16x7 Panasports [with the TR6 4 bolt/4.5"
spacing]?

2.  Now that I have 205-45/16's all the way round, the front sticks up
too high.  I just installed the tt4207     450lb 6.0 inch front springs
which brought down an inch, but the front is still 1" higher than the
rear [which already has stiff short springs].  I like to lower the frame
-- how did you do that Bob?  Anybody else have any ideas/warnings?

Thanks in advance,
Chuck Arnold

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
Chuck.Arnold.vcf]