Sealant

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sealant
From: "Rick" <rpatton@clinic.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 00:01:03 -0400
I'm still in the process of reassembling my 6 project. Because the fenders
were painted off the car, I wanted a pliable sealer that would allow
repositioning. For sealing them I used a black 3M caulking that is made into
strips about a foot long. The paintable sealant is very pliable, fills gaps,
and never hardens. The strips are pressed in place with your thumb. Before
the project is done, I'll probably be repositioning a fender again to even
up a door gap.

Available from NAPA and other part suppliers the 3M number is 08578. NAPA's
Martin Senour paint line also offers a similar product #4424.

3M strip caulk link:
http://products.3m.com/us/auto_marine_aero/products/aad.jhtml?powurl=GSLRY5Z
D4SgsGSLPLPKL4XgeGST1T4S9TCgv6DTWTJQPBBglGSBTX9SDWVbl

Rick Patton
patton@suscom-maine.net
75 TR6 Delft Blue
http://users.clinic.net/~rpatton/