Re: I also have clutch problems

To: theedge@cts.com (Alan & Debbie Lindner)
Subject: Re: I also have clutch problems
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 20:45:05 -0700 (PDT)
Alan---I don't think the anti-rotation pin has anything to do with the
sticking clutch. I have ran with and without this pin, and have
encountered the "sticky clutch" with both setups. (I thought it would
help to remove this pin, thereby aiding the sleeve to 'spin' back to
rest.) ..No..

In my case, it took a nice coating of grease in the carrier ID and on
the front cover OD. I put some on the spines also. (Molykote is my
favorite.) As you may have read and seen by now in the Buckeye site, it
helps to have no sharpness on either the back edge of the sleeve's
inside diameter, nor any place on the front cover where this sleeve
could hang up, as the clutch tries to engage.

Sorry, but the fix requires yet another tranny removal.

Dick
'73
.