I also have clutch problems

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: I also have clutch problems
From: "Alan & Debbie Lindner" <theedge@cts.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 14:33:20 -0700
I read some emails a while ago about clutch problems and now I
have them too.  I guess it is a different strain of the same virus you
get from parking next to a car that has a problem.

I have a one year old rebuilt type 'A' overdrive transmission with
the Toyota Landcruiser throw out bearing, and the non-Laycock
clutch plate.  I also had to rebuild the clutch master and slave
cylinders.  Recently, my clutch starting sticking.  When I first start
the car, all is okay.  After I have been driving for say 10 minutes,
1st gear starts to stick.  A lift my foot off the clutch and it does not
release and then bam, into gear.  It is like a speed start.  It is then
very noticeable.  I am coasting at speed in neutral, and when I push
the pedal in and out, I feel grabbing.

So is this due to lack of an anti-rotation pin in the throw out bearing,
the forks wearing, an issue with the slave or master cylinder?  As
we all agree, I do not want to take out the transmission if possible,
but I have a feely...no such luck. :-(
Your feedback on an order of what to look for is greatly
appreciated.

Alan

Alan Lindner
'72 TR6 French Blue