Re: removing differential

To: "Bernie" <bernd.vabeach@erols.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: removing differential
From: "Charlie and Linda Duckworth" <iiv000@mail.connect.more.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 19:41:04 -0500
I just put mine differential back in Saturday morning
- had to remove the axles (replacing all u-joints)
- removed the exhaust system (after having to cut in near the front of the
drive shaft)
- put a large Sears jack underneath it to support it
- unbolted the four bolts (after spraying with "PB Rust Blaster" the night
before)
- let it down
- watched the gear oil pour out the front and side seals
- had seals replaced
- replaced the four pads - but left the two rear pad very loose for some
play
- put back on jack
- put the front on first, then the two rear - need to clear the front with
the frame first
- replaced the orginal nylock nut with new nylock nuts

Hope this helps
Charlie

1976 TR6