Fwd: removing differential

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: removing differential
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 09:18:16 -0700 (PDT)
The bolts holding the half shafts to the diff are a huge pain.  I've
always had a tough time with them, using two wrenches while laying on
your back is never fun.  Plus the nuts are very prone to rounding off
if you're not careful.  I found that an easier way to do it is to
remove the wheel, fold back the rubber boot, and use a bunch of socket
extensions to use a socket wrench within the wheel arch area.  I put a
regular wrench on the nut and it jams against the chassis, then use the
socket wrench to turn the bolt and it's easy as pie.  It's much easier
because you are in a more comfortable position and it's easier to get a
lot more levarage.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6