RE: Bonnet securing hardware warning

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Bonnet securing hardware warning
From: William Whitmoyer <wwhitmoyer@samsonite.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 10:01:35 -0500
Sorry to hear of your problem..maybe this story will lighten your mood.  I
was visiting a LBC repair shop that my friend owned at the time.  One
customer was the typical I-know-it-all sort of person that wanted to save
money by doing little jobs himself, supply all the parts himself and give
instructions.  My friend knew him for many years, so put up with him and
his mannerism that drive most shop owners mad.

Anyway, my friend had done some pretty major work that required removing
the bonnet, but this customer wanted to save money by re-installing it and
a few other things himself...at this point, you all know where I'm
heading...customer was late, in a rush to get home, didn't have time/want
to listen to my friend give him instructions and bang....dimpled bonnet.

The customer just looked at the result, looked at us, walked out of the
shop and drove home.  He called the next day to have my friend fix, repaint
and install the bonnet.