Re: TR6 Interior

To: 6pack@autox.team.net, owner-6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Interior
From: corey.sherman@rcn.com
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 15:50:05 -0500
I agree with James about saving most everything. Although there are a few
items that may be too far gone worth holding. For example, while the foam
rubber padding in the seats is a much higher quality than today's
replacements, there becomes a point when the stuff just is too "rotten" to
save. Let your nose and eyes be the judge when it comes to "soft"
materials.
As for hardware, in general, keep everything. When replacing with modern
parts/repros, compare and choose the better of the two. I recently
reupholstered my seats, stripped to the bare metal, and rebuilt them. I
restored and used most everything I could, from most of the rubber seat
back straps & clamps, to those side millboard cut-outs used to secure the
seat sides to the frame. Although you may find it more economical to
purchase new clips @0.35 a piece, than spend too much time sanding and
painting them -- I spent the time cleaning them because I'm "over-the-top"
as my wife would claim -- besides I enjoy it, and it keeps me out of the
bars!
Corey Sherman
1971 TR6 CC57269LO
corey.sherman@rcn.com