Re: I've got that same smell.

To: 6 Pack Digest <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: I've got that same smell.
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 20:51:37 -0500
All- I'd add that you should check the gasket around the sending unit.  I
couldn't get rid of a fuel odor until I finally removed the tank and
replaced this seal.  The cork doesn't last forever and it's not easy to
replace (well ,OK, it is easy, you just have to remove the fuel tank first),
so it is often left alone.

Peter
'68 TR250