Re: HS6 Carb Conversion

To: <Gameparker@cs.com>
Subject: Re: HS6 Carb Conversion
From: "Brooks Bullock" <airsmyth@covad.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 13:38:56 -0800
Hello Geoff:

Good to hear your positive progress with the SU conversion.

Regarding the flooding that is occurring,if the needle valve and seat were
not recently replaced just replace them both in both float bowls.

Look at your needle valve and seat(float bowl) to see there is no
trash(rubber hose chips caused from taking the hose on and off) in there
causing it to leak when the level should have it closed, just remove the lid
turn it upside down and lightly press on the float and see if you can pass
air from your mouth through it.
 Also check that float level is between .126" to.189" I prefer the wider end
of this envelope. adjust the all plastic float with shims under the needle
seat housing and the metal arm type can be adjusted by bending, just keep it
square when it contacts the needle.

If you don't currently have a book like the Haynes Tech book on SU
carburetors and the book from Des Hamill on How to Build and Power Tune SU
Carburetors, I and many list members highly recommend them.

Since you are toying with different needles,You might want to checkout this
SU carb link that on the bottom of the page has some downloadable Needle
selection software http://www.teglerizer.com/sucarbs/index.html one being
revised as recent as last month.

Brooks
Atlanta