Re: [gtr] DOT5 survey

To: <gatriumph@gatriumph.com>, "6pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [gtr] DOT5 survey
From: "Mike Munson" <fasttrs@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 09:26:44 -0500
Ashford,

I used silicon fluid in my 6 but found the feel to be a bit soft. When I
pushed the car to the limit the silicon fluid gelled, (hard pedal, NO
BRAKES!). I would rather lose a little paint than the whole car. Castrol LMA
(low moisture absorption) is a good choice, I even used it in the racecar
with good results. I am now experimenting with the Valvoline synthetic fluid
in the new rear disc brake system on my TR 6. I really haven't  found the
limit yet because the rear disc brakes are so much better than the drums. I
have only gotten the temps up to 400 deg. and these two fluids have boiling
temps. over 450 deg.

Mike Munson
73-6
80-8