Re: engine rebuild

To: "Matt M." <afterburn27@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: engine rebuild
From: rcotting@mgnet.ca
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:57:43 -0400
Matt - you've covered a lot of the bases.  I recently redid my engine which
was bored out, cylinder head was shaved, and a hotter cam was installed.
Installing electronic ignition (Pertronix) is common - which I did.  I
might also recommend an oil filter adaptor to replace the original canister
and don't forget a new oil pump.  Hardened valve seats and new valve
guides, natch.  I like the looks of my K&N filters complemented by a cast
aluminum valve cover.

Both my girls had to forego their college educations but otherwise the
exercise was completely worthwhile.  I can actually hold my own in
stoplight drags.

Rich C.
A purely symbolic move of placing the cover on my mechanical loved one
occurred this past weekend.  That's officially it for this year's driving
season and, since we've now had snow in Halifax, I guess it's time.