Subject: HS6 carbs and high idle

To: <Gameparker@cs.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Subject: HS6 carbs and high idle
From: "Glen Johnson" <glen@littledevil.com.au>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 16:01:43 +1100
I suggest you make sure the throttle spindles are not sticking.

Also the pistons have to have oil smeared on the outside of them before
fitting so they slip in the suction chamber.

Make sure your needles are centred and not bent.

Email me if you want more help.
__________

Glen Johnson

  List,
  went for my first real run tonight since getting and installing my HS6's,
and
  it made me smile.  What a difference over my ZS's which had been giving me
  some problems. One problem, though:  when warm I was idling at around 1100
  rpms.  No problem, I thought, I'll just bring the idle down (my in-garage
  settings were probably slightly off).  I pulled over and brought both idle
  screws down a quarter turn, which brought the idle down to around 600 rpms.
  Nice.  I get going again, but at the first light I come to, the idle shoots
  up to 1100 rpms again.  What's more, occasionally, upon coming to a light,
as
  the engine speed slows down from cruising speed, the idle will not fall
below
  2000 rpms, and only blipping the throttle repeatedly may let it settle at
  1100 rpms.  Your suggestions please...