HS6 carbs and high idle

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: HS6 carbs and high idle
From: Gameparker@cs.com
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 21:25:17 EST
List,
went for my first real run tonight since getting and installing my HS6's, and
it made me smile.  What a difference over my ZS's which had been giving me
some problems. One problem, though:  when warm I was idling at around 1100
rpms.  No problem, I thought, I'll just bring the idle down (my in-garage
settings were probably slightly off).  I pulled over and brought both idle
screws down a quarter turn, which brought the idle down to around 600 rpms.
Nice.  I get going again, but at the first light I come to, the idle shoots
up to 1100 rpms again.  What's more, occasionally, upon coming to a light, as
the engine speed slows down from cruising speed, the idle will not fall below
2000 rpms, and only blipping the throttle repeatedly may let it settle at
1100 rpms.  Your suggestions please...
Thanks and Regards
Geoff Parker
P.S.:  Dick Taylor:  as you recall I was getting "engine vibration" at around
4500 rpms.  Gone.  Must have been a fuel delivery problem which the HS6's
have solved... Thanks for your help!