Comments on changing cams

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Comments on changing cams
From: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 06:25:59 -0800 (PST)
With all of the comments about camshafts going on I just wanted to add from a
been there done that perspective that anytime that you have the timing chain
cover off you should definitely consider replacing or sleeving the "oil seal
sleeve" moss part #837-045.  I had my engine "freshened" but did not replace
the sleeve.  After replacing the Seal twice I finally determined that the leak
was from a groove in the Sleeve, not a problem with the seal.  I know most of
you out ther allready knew this but I couldn't resist passing on a lesson
learned at the cost of a lot of sweat and skinned knuckles.  Doing this for the
third time was not a morale booster.

Mike Lunsford, 1970 TR-6
Find a job, post your resume on Yahoo! Careers.