74 tr6 problems

To: <triumps@autox.team.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: 74 tr6 problems
From: "Jeff Slaton" <slatonj@vci.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 23:21:53 -0500
Well Gang,
I'm about to give up and seek a professional.  I'm at a lose on what is wrong
with my 74 TR6.  It has had a problem all summer long I can not locate.  I'll
work on it for a few days and then quit for a few weeks thinking it will come
too me but has yet to do so.

It will start up and run for about 10 minutes or so and when it gets up to
temperature it cuts out and quits.  the correct running time varies from each
time I have tried it.  I have manage to limp it home every trial run I've made
but this last time it almost didn't restart at all after quitting.

I have done a number of different things that others have suggested but none
of them have produced any different results.  Here is the list of things I
have done trying to eliminate the problem.

#1 Replace the ignition system with an electronic system (Fireball from
moss).
#2 Eliminate the ballast resistor and up grade the coil.
#3 Rebuilt the carbs
#4 Rebuilt the fuel pump.
#5 Replaces all rubber fuel lines and replace the fuel filter.
#5 Check and replaced most of the emission system egr lines and check for
leaks.
#6 checked the reassembly of the distributor.

I do not know what to do next.  Here is a list of things I have toyed with in
my mind that might be wrong.  Maybe this will give someone an idea what the
deal is.

#1 Improper carb rebuild..
#2 Manifold leak noticed only after the car gets warm.
#3 Incorrectly working egr valve.

any ideas might be a help.  The car has been doing this since the spring and I
have had a busy summer thus no TR driving or time to work on it.  I have had
the car apart and it has only been back together for about 300 miles and I
have not been able to enjoy it at all.
thanks
Jeff Slaton
Murray Kentucky