Re: defective header/manifold and exhaust

To: 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: defective header/manifold and exhaust
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 09:45:58 -0700 (PDT)
I have the same system on my car, and didn't seem to have the fitting
troubles that you all had.  I must admit that one of the studs was
tough to fit, but I was able to get it installed without any mods to
head or header.  I had a Monza Quick Trip header before this Rimmer
system, and in comparision the Rimmer header seemed custom built and
perfect when I got it!!  However, I also never laid a gasket up against
the header to see if the ports were evenly matched and such.  All I
remember is that one stud was a pain, but otherwise it was fine.  And
the sound is beautiful!

I have heard recently some rumors about Rimmer switching to cheaper
suppliers for many components, and quality has suffered because of it.
I have been made aware of this mostly through my Dad.  He owns a Stag
and buys many parts from Rimmer.  Apparently several Stag owners have
recently had troubles with Rimmer quality.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/