Re: defective header/manifold and exhaust

To: "mitch" <tristatelining@isoc.net>
Subject: Re: defective header/manifold and exhaust
From: "mitch" <tristatelining@isoc.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 17:57:22 -0400
I know Rimmer Brothers could car less but that manifold still isn't on the
car. A welder moved the right flange over, the left was fine. Problem is the
3rd pipe from the front hits the the stud. I got another guy to come over
with a torch and we've been heating the pipe and trying to beat it in just
enough to get it to go past the pipe and also get a nut on it. The pipe is
going to end up being beaten in a good half inch plus the finish is burnt
off and the metal is fatigued.  What a ridiculous design.  I thought i was
buying a very good header and exhaust for $500.. It's a piece of junk in my
opinion. And anyone that happens to look at it.
I also bought your fitting kit (installation kit). If you look in the
catalog it shows a bag loaded with parts to install the complete system.
What i received is 2 U Bolts to mount a whole system. What a joke.
I ordered my head gasket from you also, when i ordered it i gave my year 73,
head# 218227 and engine#  and of course was sent the wrong gasket.
Your company has basically shit on me over and over. I thought i'd take the
time to let you know what i think and while i'm at it i'll let the others on
this mailing list know also. Mitch Vamos