Re: Laycock compatibility

To: jay_welch@juno.com
Subject: Re: Laycock compatibility
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 00:36:43 -0700 (PDT)
Jay---I can think of no reason why you couldn't use a Borg&Beck disk
with the Laycock pressure plate.  I'm pretty sure their diameters and
thickness are the same. (Or close enough)

Tim---I sometimes see the black swirl you speak of in my brake MC fluid,
but not in the clutch reservoirs.  Never thought it to be more than a
curiosity.

You may have already checked this, but if your SC pushrod extends at
least 1/2 inch, the disengagement off the floor thing is down stream of
the pushrod. (Wrong location when they drilled for the fork pin bolt
center?)  Of course if you're not getting the 1/2 inch stroke with the
pedal fully depressed, the problem has to be up stream.  The
longer-than-stock MC pushrod may work for you, but shouldn't be
necessary for 'normal' conditions.

Dick T.