Re: Spitfire MC pushrod

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire MC pushrod
From: "Brooks Bullock" <airsmyth@covad.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 00:03:50 -0700
The Spitfire pushrod measurement is one clevis pin longer(5/16" or .312")
while I had it out I put the old TR6 rod back in and it is not going to be
acceptable for me, maybe if I went back to the first hole(shortened arm),
but then it would be too hard.
  I like the spitfire pushrod because the pedal uses 3/4's of its travel at
disengagment and I know that I never end up bottoming the cylinder, along
with all of this I feel the pedal gets easier when it goes over center( It
feels healthy and I will measure this). it is to simple as I didn't have to
fabricate anything.
 So IMHO If you are plagued with the problem you actually have four choices
(1) live with it(2) Fabricate(3)use a spitfire pushrod(4)use a larger bore
MC from the early 6's
Truely the preference that a fellow list reader might choose.
Happy Motoring everyone
Brooks