keep your push rods shiny!

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: keep your push rods shiny!
From: "mitch" <tristatelining@isoc.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 23:21:42 -0400
Was taking my head off today. Went to take the valve cover off. Very stubborn
but came off without marking it up. I look at the rocker area, looks good!
This may seem hard to believe  but the best looking thing in there was a 5'8"
size i'm guessing SS clamp. The size the 2 small lines to the heater core
take. I have one of the rocker oilers and i could tell it was doing a good
job, didn't drive the car since yesterday and everything sill had a nice coat
of oil. I take the pushrods out and the 5th from the front i notice has about
a 1" shiny spot like it had been rubbing on the shaft, very obvious. That
clamp was sitting just above it and to the right but not touching , no wear on
the clamp that i can tell. Anyway this clamp had been in there about 5000
miles so it's also obvious they never went back and adjusted the valves, or
maybe they did and thats when it got in there? LOL
My engine ran great but i went in to hop it up a bit by the way. Only has the
5000 miles on it.