Re: Pressure reading, +

To: tjh173@yahoo.com (Timothy Holbrook)
Subject: Re: Pressure reading, +
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 16:57:45 -0700 (PDT)
Tim---I posted my mod again on the extended pushrod for those who tried
"everything" to get the pedal up from the floor, without success. Maybe
you're at this point?!

On measuring the pressure necessary to release the clutch:  (While out
of the car)

The amount of pressure needed to disengage the clutch pressure plate
from the driven disk can be measured one of two ways. With a hydraulic
press with a pressure gauge, OR with a drill press, a bathroom scale,
some 2X4's and a feeler gauge. Assorted pieces of flat stock to support*
the circumferences is also needed. I used the later.

I don't remember the way I had these stacked, but I can repeat this
later in the week. It might be fun for you to try this with an old
clutch, T/O and such. *A fly wheel here also helps stiffen the pressure
plate during the compressing.

Later I'll see what it takes to depress the pedal itself and let you
know.

Dick T.