Re: Phil Beckman's Long Drive

To: rrt@connectexpress.com
Subject: Re: Phil Beckman's Long Drive
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:35:05 -0700 (PDT)
Rex----I remember seeing photos of you and your son in a long ago 6 PACK
Newsletter, describing your trek. I've enjoyed similar routes.

On the hat and hair issue, I stumbled onto a decent solution. I run a
(18" or so) wire with alligator clips (like the jumper kind) on both
ends, from the back of the hat/cap adjustment strap to the head rest
post. In the event of a fly-off, you won't have far to reach.
Interestingly, most of the time the cap merely lifts a little but stays
on. When I mentioned this to my daughter she said: "OH, we all do that
when water skiing or boating". Can't tell kids much, it seems.

DT