RE: Chicago-Cincinnati and back

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Chicago-Cincinnati and back
From: "Phil Beckman" <phil@opentext.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 08:29:14 -0500
I'm running 20W-50 in the engine these days so that's not an issue.  Also,
about 4 years ago I replaced all the crank and rod bearings.  Before I did
that work, the oil pressure was WAY low, after the replacement pressure was
good but I'd never had it on the highway for an extended period before this
past weekend.  Normally, when just driving around the area near my house
(driving the 10 miles to and from work, etc) the pressure at idle is 35 PSI
and at speed its 75.  It was just after I got out on the road this weekend
that it dropped.

As for knocking or oil use, no knocking ever and in the 1000 miles I drove
this past weekend it used half a quart.

Sounds like I'm probably OK for now.

Thanks again.

Phil Beckman