Re: Axle oil

To: bvdstee1@yahoo.com (Bert Van der Stee)
Subject: Re: Axle oil
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 23:28:16 -0700 (PDT)
Bert---Personally, I've never replaced the oil in the differential case.
I suppose if there was a drain plug I would be embarrassed to say this.
Since Triumph chose to not put one in, I'm gonna run it till it smokes.
It better hurry up, as it's coming on to 300,000 miles. (So it leaks a
little)

Try your suction gun. I don't know how much you'll be able to remove.
You can always take the inspection plate off if you must change this
oil, and regasket it.

Most rebuilt diffs have the drain plug.

Dick T.
'73