Re: Master Cylinder Springs

To: <william.mcintire@wright.edu>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Master Cylinder Springs
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 22:53:25 -0400
> We had a lot of trouble with cyl. springs breaking in TR3's in the early
60's.
> At one point in time we couldn't get OEM springs and found that VW m cyl
> springs worked fine. Of course you probably can't get them anymore. If you
> can't locate original equip. - might give 'em a try.
> FWIW
> Bill
> '79 6

Nope, no problem finding a spring... then again I had an NOS one on hand.  I
checked before I sent my message, and Moss does carry new TR6 cylinder
piston return springs.  If you ever need springs or anything, also just
measure the outside and inside diameter and the unloaded length and get it
from McMaster or Grainger.

Kai