Re: english license plates

To: JutH1685@aol.com
Subject: Re: english license plates
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:59:22 -0700
Justin,

My experience with various DMVs - California, Colorado, Illinois - has been
legal plates can only be issued by the state.  You might be able to do a
Year of Manufacture whereby  you can use a set of used plates that for the
year in which your car was built.  Normally these have the year stamped
right into the plate.  Years that used little adhesive tags are not
acceptable.

I have a set of British plates on my car.  I puchased a set of vanity
plates from DMV that have the same characters as the British plates.  I
still legally have to display the CA plates  (I have the British plate
beneath my CA plate on the rear; I display the British plate on the front)

YRMV depending up NY law.

Dave

                    JutH1685@aol.com

                    Sent by:                To:     6pack@autox.team.net

                    owner-6pack@auto        cc:

                    x.team.net              Subject:     english license plates

                    07/13/2001 01:23

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to JutH1685

Does anyone know if the pressed english license plates advertised in moss
are
legal in the us?  I think the long stamped metal plates would look good on
tr6.  can they be used on a NY car?
thanks, justin