Re: rear suspension

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rear suspension
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 13:02:27 -0700 (PDT)
You probably want to jack up the back of the car, sit her down on axle
stands, and remove both wheels to do a visual inspection.  I've never
heard of anyone suddenly blowing out a shock from hitting a big bump,
but I guess it's possible.  I would first check that the shock
mechanisms and all their connections (bolts to the chassis, arm, end
links) all look to be in one piece and securely fastened.  If the
shocks are coated in oil that looks like it was recently released,
maybe you did blow some seals.  At that point, you need to decide if
you want to replace your shocks with rebuilt lever arms or a nice tube
shock conversion.  Personally, I'm a big fan of the tubes...

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/