Re: Prop Shaft

To: trsix74@home.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Prop Shaft
From: "James A. Tabor" <jatabor@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 21:13:30 -0400
Hi,

I have a 76 tr6 and had to remove the exhaust AND diff. to
get the driveshaft out. I tried to remove it from the front, but
it did not seem to want to clear if I remember correctly.
Not sure if removing the front part of the exhaust will allow
clearance or not. doubtful. i looked it over pretty well
before removing the dreadful diff.
what i did to safely and easily remove the diff. was to put
a hydrolic floor jacket -the rolling kind which has the cup on top-
and slightly raise the weight off the diff. , loosen the nuts,
and drop the diff. so much easier than when i was a poor
22 y.o. and let the diff. ease down onto my chest! ugggh. what a pain!

hope this helps!

-james