Two unrelated questions

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Two unrelated questions
From: "Gary Moore" <tikasfamily@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 18:40:55 -0400
Hi all,

I am in the process of rebuilding my 6 and I came across two areas where I
could use some advise:

1. Battery acid leakage. I have some corrosion on bolts that has leaked
through the firewall that has obviously come from Battery Acid. I have tried
neutralizing with Baking Soda but it has not worked since I still see some
corrosion returning. Does anyone have any recommendations? Maybe I am not
doing the baking soda thing right. Does anyone know of a commercial solution
that would also stop the current problem and prevent any future problem. BTW
I have since replaced the battery.
2. I am switching heads on my car and have noticed that the tops of the
pistons are fairly blackened. Any need for concern? Should I clean them? Can
I do that without taking them out?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

BTW I just returned from Britain On the Green at Woodlawn in Northern
Virginia. A beautiful day for a car show - a lot of great cars - a great 6
representation along with 4s, 250s Spitfires and the normal crew along with
some very nice Cobras, a Super 7, a Tiger, a few TVRs, Morgans, Rolls,
Bentleys and a few others that are not jumping to the old fingertips right
now. A very well run show and lots of fun. Congrats to Capital Triumph
Register.
Cheers

Gary Moore

1974 Pimento Red TR6