Front Suspension

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front Suspension
From: "J Garruba" <jgarruba@ematic.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 23:22:25 -0700
Dear listers,

    While re-bushing the front end on my car, I noted the following,  It seems
possible to mix up the position of the upper wishbone halves from front to
rear, and or from driver to passenger side. I suspect that this may have been
done by the previous owner, so I do not simply won't to re-install the
components as I found them.  After studying several depictions of the upper
wishbone in the Bentley and parts catalog, I cannot tell where the wishbone
halves really belong, I know the front and rear items are not interchangeable,
as there are separate #s in the parts book.  However, I can't tell which is
which.  I also suspect that there is a difference between the driver and
passenger side, as I found an R and an L stamped in 2 of the four pieces.
Does anyone have experience with this problem?  Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Joseph Garruba