Left foot rest

To: "6packlist" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Left foot rest
From: "John Truttman" <jtruttman@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 16:41:12 -0700
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 23:28:09 -0400
From: Mitchel Seff <ms6453@optonline.net>
Subject: FOOT REST PEDAL

Hi all,
Has any one installed a clutch foot rest? I'm thinking about trying to
install one for support under hard cornering. I'm tired of hanging on to
the steering wheel & wedging myself to stay put. I know the pedal
spacing is tight & interference may be a problem but this would be a
definite plus for comfort. A long time ago in a land far far away I
bought a 73 240Z new ( after my two tr6's )& it had a left foot rest
pedal, I miss it.

I installed a foot rest for a slightly different reason - fatigue on longer
runs. Putting your left foot flat on the floor gets uncomfortable after long
periods, and extending it all the way into the footwell caused a strain on my
lower back. There was no "in between". So I simply screwed a small piece of
2X2 pine, about 4 inches long, into the carpeted panel on the left side of the
footwell. It works beautifully! This was to be temporary, until I could come
up with something made of metal, but after two years, it's still there!

John Truttman
Scottsdale, AZ