Reply to "foot rest pedal".

To: 6 Pack Digest <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Reply to "foot rest pedal".
From: Gary Erbse <ncbucki@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 23:36:56 -0400
Mitchel: I know exactly what you're talking about. Nine years ago when I
purchased my '71, the first "improvement" was to create a place for my
left foot. Resting on the dimmer switch was not at all comfortable.
 This is how I fixed it. I removed the dimmer light switch. I got a
piece of 1/8" sheet metal and cut it the same width as the switch mount,
about 3". One 90 degree bend at the top then another 90 bend the
opposite way made a square Z. Two flathead screws hold the new piece in
place. I remounted the switch on the lower bend. It has worked great.
Now my foot sets on the old switch mount and to activate the dimmer, I
just lift my heel up and the toes go down to press the dimmer switch. It
has made driving much more pleasurable. If you need exact dimensions, I
can give them to you for fabrication.
I have made many changes but this one is at the top of the list. You
need a solid surface to rest the left foot.