TR4 Sils

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Sils
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 17:24:07 EDT
Hi,

I very recently looked at a TR4 project car that I would like to purchase and
restore.  I was very happy with the overall appearance of the framework and
body tub, but the sils appear to need replacing.  I've restored several cars in
my day, and can do light wire welding and bodywork, but I have never replaced
sils on one of these cars.  Is this a job that can be performed by a lowly
hobbyist, or will it take a more experienced person to perform the task?  Are
there any decent step by step articles on the subject?

Any comments are welcome.

Much thanks,

Scott Helms