Re: Belt size or part # (update)

To: 6pack-digest@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Belt size or part # (update)
From: jmlozano@ismi.net
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 19:18:21 GMT
Alternator update:

I managed to go in the garage on Sunday while "the boss" went to church.  I am
not allowed to do anything for the next five days, found out on Friday
afternoon I have a pretty good case of Pneumonia...Ok, enough me.
I removed and replace the alternator, had to go to Home Depot (stealth and
fast) to buy a longer bolt for the holding bracket (5/16 x 5.5 inches).
While trying to reattached the belt I got kind of excited thinking it was going
to be a straight up match, but the fan behind the pulley (Bosch) is larger than
the Lucas one, so it would hit the top holding bracket.  I tried to remove the
belt so I could go buy a longer one, but as I was studying my plan of attack
the dogs started barking. "The boss" was coming back so I flew in the house and
started moaning and coughing.
New question what is the trick to removing the belt.

Cough, Cough

Jorge

PS Dick the pulleys are almost identical in size, the only difference is in the
fan size.