after market steering wheels -- tr6

To: "6 Pack (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: after market steering wheels -- tr6
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2000 23:29:01 -0700
Hi listers,

Has anyone on the list fitted a 13" diameter leather Moto-Lita or Lecarra
steering wheel to their TR6 (or TR5/TR250 or TR4)? I wonder if the smaller
diameter would look 'odd' in the car or perhaps even make getting at the
column switches awkward? (My car has a turn signal switch, headlight switch
and O/D switch on the column).

If anyone has any thoughts I'd greatly appreciate some info. Thanks in
advance.

FWIW, I'm referring the to a flat rim wheel like the stock wheel, not the
dished rim wheel both companies offer. Also, the later TR6 had a stock
14.25" dia. wheel (vs. the early model's 15" dia. wheel). But the adapter
for a Moto-Lita or Lecarra wheel is about 5/8" longer than the stock hub it
replaces.

Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO