Re:Bog On Left Turns

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:Bog On Left Turns
From: "Russ Pagano" <pagano@home.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 22:30:19 -0400
Don,
    I had this same problem after a carb rebuild and, as Dick suggested, I
found it to be a float height problem. It would bog down when accelerating
hard left after a stopping for a few moments. In my case it was too much
fuel to the rear carb so I lowered the float (increased the distance from
carb body base to bottom of float). Sometimes when changing the fuel pump
you can get debris in the line so maybe you got something contaminating the
float needle valve. I really  had to play with my float adjustment since I
switched to Grose jets and go beyond the float height spec something closer
to .750. I had the carb off many times and used a square and caliper to
measure the height. In fact, another lister mentioned the problem in my
thread so you may want to search the archives for "Grose jets." I would
suggest pulling the carbs, blowing out the fuel valves and setting the float
heights to the low side of the spec.
Russ Pagano
71 TR6
Columbia, MD